We run puffins tours from May to August each year. On this photo tour, we visit the South Coast of Iceland and stop at many of the beautiful waterfalls on the way. We then photograph puffins at a beautiful location. We offer a few types of tours for puffins. This day tour, Puffins for three days and in our Summer Workshop Around Iceland from May-August, we dedicate two whole days to puffins.
Atlantic puffins travel to land in the summer to nest during the warmer months. Iceland has the largest Atlantic puffin colony in the world, more than half the population comes to Iceland to nest. Puffins are calm while nesting and can dig burrows with their beaks and wings. Their flying style is frenzied but Puffins wings can beat up to 440 times per minute.
Included in the tour are hotel pick-up and drop-off from Reykjavik, guide and super jeep for transport. You need to be wearing good hiking shoes and warm clothes. We will provide you with a recommended clothing and equipment list.
Puffins – great photography opportunities with the birds
Waterfalls – Seljalandsfoss waterfall or Skógarfoss waterfall
Landscapes – Reynisdrangar, Dyrhólaey and more amazing places
Experienced local guide – All our guides have years of experience leading tours
Duration – 8-10 hours
Activity level – Easy
- Deposit payment $500 USD upon booking
- Payment in full 30 days prior to the tour starting date.
Total price: $1,500 USDSIGN UP
- Includes a guide and transportation for the day and can be shared between 1-4 people
- For larger groups we have a 8 pax shuttle, 12 pax and 15 pax Super Truck – please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for prices
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off from Reykjavik
What's not included
- International Flights
- Cancellation Insurance
- Meals and drinks