Geldingadalir Volcano Hiking tour
We offer volcano tours to the active volcano in Geldingadalir. We run our volcano tours all year, but we can’t promise for how long the volcano will erupt or the conditions on your chosen day. On this day tour, we take you to the eruption site and then hike close to the crater and lava flow. This also gives us the chance to visit a few prime locations on the way.
For the volcano, we will provide all safety gear such as gas masks, gas sensors and in winter we’ll provide crampons. You need to be wearing good hiking shoes and warm clothes, bring headlight, water and pack-lunch or snacks. You also need to be comfortable with walking on uneven and slippery surfaces on the way to the volcano.
The drive to the volcano takes about 45 minutes from a hotel in central Reykjavik. From the parking lot is about 20-30 min easy hike to the edge of the lave field. From there is about an hour medium/challenging hike to the crates. There are different routes available depending on the weather and conditions of the day.
Before or after our visit to the volcano we might visit Krisuvik geothermal area and lake Kleifarvatn, Krisuvikurbjarg, Selatanga or other locations based on weather and conditions on the day.
We will provide you with a complete packing list, recommended clothing and equipment list. Safety briefing and professional guides.
- We also support press photographers and photography/news projects, with permits to drive/fly in close to the volcano. For commercial projects please shoot us an email email@example.com
Crater and Lava flow – One of the most memorable experiences in Iceland
Landscape – Mountains and moss fields
Experienced local guide – All our guides have years of experience leading tours
Duration – 8-10 hours
Activity level – Medium to Challanging hike to see the crate
- Deposit payment $500 USD upon booking
Total price: $500 USD per person (min 3 pax) or total 1.500 USD for the tour. For larger groups, please ask for our quote.SIGN UP
- Includes a professional guide with safety equipment. Transportation on a 4x4 vehicle.
- For larger groups and private tours we have variety of super jeeps and trucks, from 4 pax and up to 16 pax Super Trucks – please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for prices
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off
- Safety equipment
- Helicopter and/or cessna aerial photography and trips upon request, for extra $ just ask
What's not included
- International Flights
- Cancellation Insurance
- Meals and drinks