Snowy Owl Photo Workshop
This unique photography workshop offers you the opportunity for close-up encounters with the majestic snowy owls of Canada. Three full days with a maximum of six participants in a group. This allows you to get the most out of your experience. Wintering owls are often found on private property, and we have recruited specialized owl photography experts to help us access incredible areas where they can be found.
The Snowy Owl Photo Workshop takes place north of Toronto, Canada. This area is a natural wintering ground for the snowy owls who have been frequenting this area for years, and they tend to allow a close approach by photographers. We visit a variety of locations to photograph the owls in the morning and afternoon while they are naturally inactive and it tends to be too bright for the birds during midday. We work with the schedules of the owls so that you will have numerous opportunities to take incredible photographs of the Snowy Owl.
Snowy Owl – close-up encounters with the majestic snowy owls of Canada
Professional Photography Guides – Professional Arctic Exposure guide
Activity Level – Easy
Snowy Owl Expert – local snowy owl expert
Small groups – Maximum number of participants: 6
Duration – 5 days / 4 nights
January 28 - February 1, 2024
- Deposit payment of $1,000 upon booking
- Payment in full is required 90 days prior to the tour starting date
- Double occupancy accommodations for four nights at a guesthouse, single rooms are available upon request
- Single room supplement adds $500 USD
Total price: $3,900 USDSIGN UP
- We will stay in a comfortable private guesthouse with shared bathrooms (three bathrooms shared among five bedrooms)
- We have a private chef that arranges both breakfast and dinner for the group
- Guiding by a Pro Photographer
- Transportation during the workshop
- Private airport shuttle to and from the guesthouse to Toronto Pearson International Airport
- Access to private property to get close to the owls
- Local guide & snowy owl expert in Ontario
- Photography instructions and critique on demand
What's not included
- All flights to Toronto – please contact our office for any assistance
- Each participant will be responsible for their own lunch. We will have nearby restaurant and supermarket options
- Cancellation Insurance
- Insurance – we recommend participants have individual travel insurance
- Alcoholic beverages
- Gratuity for your photography guide
DAY 1 – Arrival on Toronto
The first and last day of the photo workshop is for arrival and departure. We will arrange airport transfers to and from Toronto Pearson International Airport with a shuttle service. Please try to arrange your flights in the afternoon on the first and last day so that we may arrange for one private shuttle for all.
We will settle into our accommodations and have dinner with our local expert in the evening. There the group will get itinerary instructions and more information for the coming days.
As always, we will need to be flexible and adjust to the weather conditions to make the most out of our workshop.
DAYS 2 to 4 – Snowy Owl
The next three days will be focused on the majestic snowy owl. The white snowy owls against a winter background is visually impressive, and with their piercing yellow eyes, your photographs will be superb. Each day, we will take advantage of the best light to capture the best photographs.
Please keep in mind that this is winter time in Canada. Dress appropriately as it is very cold and you have to protect your fingers, toes, ears, and face.
In this workshop, we need to be flexible and adjust to the weather and conditions.
DAY 5 – Departing Toronto
We depart at around noon for Toronto Pearson International Airport (or in accordance with the group’s flight schedule).
We recommend that you book your flight in the afternoon so that we have ample time.
For cancellation and refund policy for our workshops, please visit the Terms & Conditions page.