We run our Reykjanes Peninsula tours all year. Reykjanes is a UNESCO Global Geopark and is conveniently located close to Reykjavik and Keflavik airport. The peninsula, with its diversity of volcanic and geothermal activity, is the only place in the world where the Mid-Atlantic Ridge is visible above sea level. The geothermal activity in the area offers a variety of photo opportunities. Highlights include seascapes, cliffs, and a lighthouse, Gunnuhver mud pools and steam vents, Mount Keilir, black sand beaches and the bridge between the continents.
You need to be wearing good hiking shoes and warm clothes and we will provide you with a recommended clothing and equipment list.
Amazing landscapes – Mount Keilir and black sand beaches
Seascapes – cliffs & lighthouse
The bridge between continents – the only place in the world where the Mid-Atlantic Ridge is visible above sea level
Experienced local guide – All our guides have years of experience leading tours
Duration – 8 - 10 hours
Activity level – Easy
- Deposit payment $500 USD upon booking
- Payment in full 30 days prior to the tour starting date.
Total price: $1,200 USDSIGN UP
- Includes a guide and transportation for the day and can be shared between 1-4 people
- For larger groups we have a 8 pax shuttle, 12 pax and 15 pax Super Truck – please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for prices
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off from a hotel in Reykjavik
What's not included
- International Flights
- Cancellation Insurance
- Meals and drinks