Greenland Scoresby Sound Sailing Expedition
On this Arctic sailing expedition of the Scoresby Sound in Greenland, you will explore one of the most isolated areas in the world that offers incredible photographic opportunities. This tour has been designed for the serious landscape and wildlife enthusiast who is willing to explore the Arctic, travel off the beaten path and sacrifice comfort for the opportunity to get amazing imagery.
On the Greenland Scoresby Sound Sailing Expedition, you have the rare opportunity to photograph icebergs the size of skyscrapers, steep mountains that plunge into the sea, deep fjords, immense glaciers, sled dogs, breaching whales, northern lights and the unique culture of Greenland. We have scheduled this expedition for September to optimize the chance of capturing the fall colours, first snow in the mountains and, of course, the northern lights.
Scoresby Sound is a large fjord system on the eastern coast of Greenland and the Greenland Sea. It is one of the largest and longest fjord systems in the world. With a tree-like shape, the main body of the fjord is approximately 110 km (68 mi) long and branches into a system of fjords covering an area of about 38,000 km2 (14,700 sq mi). With a population of 469, the only permanent settlement in the region, Ittoqqortoormiit, is tucked away on the northern side of the mouth of the Scoresby Sund.
Expedition itinerary details planned by a professional team and native guides with vast experience in leading photography groups.
Arctic Wildlife – Whales, seals, walruses and birds
Arctic Landscapes – Photographing massive icebergs the size of skyscrapers, breaching whales and deep fjords
Northern Lights – Possibility of northern lights (weather permitting)
Drone photography – Great opportunities for drone photography
Inuit settlements – Photographing remote Inuit settlements
Transportation – Flight to and from Greenland and boat on location
Professional Photography Guides – All of our guides are professional photographers based in Iceland with years of experience leading photography workshops
Activity Level – Easy
Small groups – Maximum number of participants: 11
Duration – 10 days / 9 nights
- Deposit payment of €3,000 EUR upon booking
- Payment in full is required 150 days prior to the expedition starting date
Total price: €8,300 EURSIGN UP
- Accomodations on board
- All meals on board – breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Professional photo guide and schooner expedition team in Greenland
- Roundtrip flights from Iceland to Greenland
- Schooner expedition in Greenland
- Dinner on the first night in Reykjavik, Iceland
- Image critique and post-processing session
What's not included
- Flights to Iceland
- Alcohol, snacks and beverages
- Accommodation in Iceland before and after the tour
- Cancellation Insurance and mandatory evacuation insurance
- Gratuity for your photography guide